Friday, May 18, 2007

Dating sucks my ass (part 1)

Before Matt and I got together in July, I dated a lot and I came to several conclusions, the most important being: dating sucks my ass.

Here's an email I sent about a guy I went on three dates with last year.

For our third date, I headed to his place in Greenpoint. Why he thought it would be ok for me to come over is beyond me. You know how some people decorate in themes? Well, his thematic motivation could be summed up in one word: toys. Yes, I was (briefly) dating the 40 year-old virgin. He had literally hundreds of toys covering EVERY surface in his living room and bedroom. He had small toys, toys in boxes tacked to the walls, toys you could paint yourself, 12" doll toys, and 2 large stuffed toys on his bed. All of these were arranged by theme, genre, and further, by company (Pixar, Disney, Japanese Comapies, etc). This does NOT include the curio cabinet that was specially made for and dedicated to the little figurines--each shelf had 5 mini-levels so that each toy could still be visible. The cabinet was about 4 ft tall and mounted to the wall. In addition to the toys, his library of DVDs betrayed his weakness for anime and all things sci-fi. Oh, the nerds love me, don't they?

After we went to a party at a friend's house, I came back to his place with him (yeah, yeah, I knew I shouldn't but it was late blah blah and we barely made out blah blah). In the morning he walked me to the train station and I thought about how/when to tell him that it wasn't going to work. Turns out I didn't need to worry about it. He called me an hour after I got home saying he wanted to come over to "chat about us" Dude! We had 3 dates! We met 2 weeks ago! So I convinced him to tell me what he was thinking on the phone and affirmed that yes, I didn't like him the same way he liked me. Fine. (oh, I forgot to mention that he had already bought me a toothbrush?!). I thought things were done and over with. But then on Monday, I get an IM from him. "hey" he writes. Confused, I write back "what's up?" Turns out he's bored at work and just checking to see what i'm up to. What?! No. No no. This is not allowed after you stop seeing someone. Especially when you stop the day before.

Amete thinks it's hi-LAR-ious that I hate the guys who are SUPER freaking into me. He says he loves how much I hate it when they're into me. He says I'm going to die alone and the cat is going to eat my face. Yes, I know this is from the guy whose Saturday night consisted of going on a jdate, then meeting up with some girls, sticking his hands down one of the girl's (21!!) pants at a bar, then going home with someone else. I just don't want the cat to eat my face.

4 Comments:

Blogger KD said...

uh, the last boy i dated i dated for a month. he ended it over im in an incredibly rude and hurtful way. next day at work i get an email from him. because he got a bad haircut the night before and he needed to vent about it. ?!?!?!?!?!?

6:06 PM, May 21, 2007

 
Blogger eM said...

i dated someone similar... thirtysomething, still living off his parents, called me several times a day in the first week to see "what was up", asked where this was going after three dates and so on. i got so freaked, i ran a mile. although it did work well in reflection how NOT to act around the boys i like more than they like me. sigh. dating can suck no matter what country you're in.

2:28 AM, May 22, 2007

 
Blogger mindful_indulgence said...

dude, i am in dating hell right now. went out on ONE date with a guy, got the creepy 'email written night of the date' sitting in my inbox the next morning. obviously, i could never see him agan. i tried to ignore him but he wouldn't go away. i end up blocking him, he still emails. i finally email him back, tell him he's coming on a little strong and i'm not that into him. three weeks go quietly by... and then... an email trying to ply me with a free ticket for a concert i really wanted to go to. and of course, i had to say no. fuckers, all of them.

11:20 AM, May 22, 2007

 
Blogger some guy said...

as a dude i would like to offer that all the aforementioned dudes in the comments are fools. ladies, where do you find these sad guys? an email written on the same night as the date? WTF??!

3:11 PM, May 22, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home