Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm an Old Lady

It has come to my attention recently that, although I'm still 2 months shy of the all-important 3-0 milestone, I have already turned into an old lady.
I'm old, people--it has happened.
Somehow my party-girl spirit hasn't just been crushed, she's fallen asleep.
Here's the evidence:
1) On the subway this morning I listened, horrified as the girl standing in front of me nodded in beat to her iPod. The music--it was SO loud. And horrible, but mainly so loud that I wanted to smack her, telling her that in addition to not wanting to hear her terrible music, I also didn't want to see the steps that are leading to the inevitable hearing aid she'll need far before her 30th birthday.
2) As Matt and I lay in bed on a recent Saturday night, we were preventing from sleeping by a group of neighborhood youths milling around in front of our building. Their shouts, music, and revelry invaded our third floor apartment. 12:30am on a Saturday and I'm trying to fall asleep--how dare people be partying? When Matt threatened to call the cops, I didn't think it sounded like such a bad idea.
3) A few months ago I was cross-stitching a quirky wall hanging that spelled out "Babies Suck." Last weekend? I was shopping for fabric in a store decorated with children's ponchos, booties, and hats. And I wanted to make them.
4) I moved in with my boyfriend. In Brooklyn. Enough said.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am right there with you! Lately, I generally hope my day will end with me crawling into bed by midnight.

3:50 PM, March 16, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home