Wednesday, February 14, 2007

He's my boyfriend! My brother! My boyfriend! My brother!

One of the most unexpected consequences to my relationship with Matt is the questions we get from strangers. You see, apparently, we look alike. We're both short, have the same green-blue eyes, are very pale, and have big noses.

We've had everyone from waitresses, airport security, strangers on the subway, and the entire island (well, close to it) of Caye Caukler question whether we're husband and wife or brother and sister. When we were in Belize I chalked it up to the semitic reaction (Jews! We're a foreign concept!), but in New York that's a much less likely explanation.

This has happened so many times that I'm convinced we'll be booked on Maury or Jerry only to discover some long-lost mutual cousin, which is ironic--I thought once I settled down my life would be less like a talk show.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Check back in a few years for photos of our three headed baby.

6:09 PM, February 20, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear ya. My OWN mother has said that Jesse and I look alike. Ridiculous.

1:22 PM, February 21, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home