Monday, January 08, 2007

Party over here, party over there...

My 89 year-old grandmother, my Bubbie, is one of my favorite people in the world. Recently, she reminded me why.

Matt's birthday was December 30th. They met when he came to Kansas City with me for Labor Day weekend and since he's not only my boyfriend, but is very sweet (!), a lawyer (!!) and Jewish (!!!), she lurves him. Bubbie wanted to do something nice for Matt's birthday--she wasn't sure she should send a gift, but wanted to send something nicer than just a card. Her compromise? Sending a musical card.

"Word Up!" the song from the card, has been cracking us up for the last few days, but the song wasn't the best part of the card. No, that would have to be the front text.

"Party over here, party over there," the card read, "Party in your underwear!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

A couple of weeks later, that Cameo song is still stuck in my head. "Do that dance, do that dance, do that dance quick!"

4:54 PM, January 12, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home