Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Best. Birthday Present. Ever.

This weekend I received the Best. Birthday Present. Ever.

Some of my past presents from boyfriends have included: wire cutters, metal shears, flowers, dinners, a previously done painting, cartoons cut out with funny captions, cds, and a bag full of of about 80 blue blow pops. Before this weekend, I thought the blow pops, a 20th birthday gift from, oddly enough, Drew, the subject of my last post, was the present to beat. At the time, I la-la-la-loved blue blow pops and nothing pleased me more than flitting around bars, parties and friends' apartments doling out the artificial treats, bestowing stained teeth and extra dentist visits to all.


But 30 is a big birthday. And Matt was up to the task. In addition to dinners, flowers and a DVD player (he was covering all the bases), he took me to Barbados. Barbados!

For those of you following along with the Belize posts, you might recall that Matt and I seem to have bad luck on vacation--not so this weekend. The weather was perfect (no rain!!), the scuba diving was great (Matt finished his certification and wasn't ill), and the sunning and swimming were stree-free (no canoeing allowed). All in all, it was a lovely trip. So lovely, in fact, that not only do I have no stories, I have nothing to complain about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home