Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Speech at the Wedding *or* OMG So Much Cuteness!!!

As Stacey's older sister, I've tried to teach her a few things, one of which was about weddings. When we were little we would act them out. I would be the rabbi, she was the bride, and the cat would play the part of the groom. Matt, you make a much better looking and more compliant groom.

I can't believe my baby sister's getting married. Well, is married. I'm only 2 1/2 years older than Stacey, but I've always looked after her and taken care of her and, in a lot of ways, I view her as an extension of myself. So, her wedding is kind of like my wedding. And my wedding is beautiful.

Stacey, I love you so much. And Matt, I love you for loving her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Whatever said...

Is it a good time to comment that the sheer Matt-ness that has overwhelmed the Simon heart has overwhelmed my ability to keep the two Matts straight? As I read these great wedding stories I constantly had to remind myself that Stacey didn't marry Your Matt, but rather Her Own Matt. Stacey didn't marry your Matt, did she?
PS: I'm now singing "Whole Lotta Matts" to the tune of Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love. Try getting that out of your head.

5:51 PM, September 11, 2007

 
Blogger Jen said...

Also, the cat in the story was named Matt. A Whole Lotta Matts indeed!

1:33 PM, June 02, 2008

 
Anonymous Denver venues said...

This is definitely one of the most beautiful places out there, the views are astounding and the event was timed perfectly with the sunset.

7:10 AM, October 05, 2014

 

Post a Comment

<< Home