Tuesday, September 04, 2007

By the Numbers: My Sister's Wedding

Number of people in the wedding ceremony: 27 (the bride, the bride's parents, the groom, the groom's parents, the rabbi, a maid of honor, a matron of honor, a bridesmaid, a best man, 2 groomsmen, 2 flower girls, a junior flower girl, 2 ring bearers, 2 friends of my sister's who sang a song, 7 of my sister's friends who each recited a blessing.)

On a scale of 1-10, how cheesey I thought the wedding would be: 8

How cheesey it was: N/A -- Oh my God--I don't know! I was too busy trying not to cry!

Number of times I cried over the weekend: umpteen

Number of bobby pins holding my hair back and up in a cute, curly bun: 46

Number of people who told me they thought I was adopted since no one else in my family had red hair: 1 (a groomsman whom I hadn't met before. It's odd since my sister and I look exactly alike)

Number of times I thought I should have lost more weight: 0 (I finally stopped caring)

Number of minutes the hora lasted: 18

Number of times my sister fell off the chair during the hora: 1

Number of times people pointed out my sister's new husband and my boyfriend are both Jewish lawyers named Matt: 3

Number of people who asked us when it would be our turn: 11

Number of hours my mom and I spent at the synogague: 13 (arrived at 11am for prep, pictures started at 2, wedding was from 5-11pm, then it was time to clean up)

Ways the wedding could have been better: 0 (Best. Wedding. Ever.)

3 Comments:

Blogger JessiferSeabs said...

Told ya it would be fun. ;-)

By the way, in case you're wondering, I was at BlogHer and sat in on the Book to Blog session where you asked a question and told us the name of your blog -- I liked the name so I wrote it down, and that is how I stumbled upon you!

Congrats -- or, Mazel Tov, I guess -- on your new brother in law and your sisters happy marriage.

2:03 PM, September 05, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

5:24 PM, November 10, 2008

 
Anonymous Wedding venues Los Angeles said...

The serving staff was excellent here. There was never a delay in serving the food (they just kept coming) or drinks. The food was so great that it made me forget that I was trying to watch my carbs.

12:55 AM, July 27, 2014

 

Post a Comment

<< Home