Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Facebook Friends

So many people have written about what Facebook, Myspace, and their ilk mean to society that I won't go down that road, but I will say I think it's so strange that I'm getting friend requests from people I haven't talked to or seen in more than a decade. Recently, my 3rd grade boyfriend, 3 friends from 6th grade, and 2 of my sister's high school friends friended me on Facebook. Why? Just because we used to know each other? It's not that I dislike these people, it's that I don't know them anymore. I like seeing the updates and pictures that my friends around the country post, but I don't care about what's happening in the lives of people I wouldn't know if I saw them on the street.

You know what this means? Wedding-happy Jen is over--welcome back to cranky, grumpy Jen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add to this people you know but don't want knowing your Facebook stuff. For example, your boyfriend's sister who you don't like or respect. Can't not friend her - as much as one may want to. Ugh.

10:24 AM, November 11, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home