Thursday, May 22, 2008

Headache + Construction = Unhappy Jen

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I quit my job to do freelance PR and writing work. The great part about working from home is well, working from home. You can wear whatever you want, watch tv, and not battle the commuting crowds on the overcrowded trains.

The bad part? Making sure you structure yourself, loneliness and, like today--if you're sick and can't work, you don't get paid. I've had a massive sinus headache and stuffiness for the past couple of days and although I've accomplished a few things, I really just want to hang out in bed. Which might be fine except that this week is the first week that workers are fixing the front of my building.

When Matt and I moved into our apt in Feb 2007, our landlord told us that he would be revamping the front of the brownstone. For 15 months, we lived in a building with a concrete front, never really caring about the construction that never was. But one week after I quit my job to work from home, the scaffolding went up. What timing! And now, I've unburied myself from my covers to post about the noise and banging from outside my window.

Matt, if you're reading this, bring me soup. And find Reno--I think he's hiding under the bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home