Monday, November 06, 2006

Congratulations, You're Unemployed!

So after shit day job after shit day job, I'm finally taking a break to try to sell my book and think about this whole career (or non-career) thing. The funny thing about it is that when my friends found out that Friday was my last day of work, they kept saying the same thing--congratulations! Like, yay, you're unemployed! Yay, you're nearly 30, have no career, no marketable skills, no idea what you're doing, and now are umemployed!

It reminds me of the terrible car accident I had while I was in college. While driving back to school one weekend, I drove off the highway, smashing both my car and my face. Several men pulled over in order to wait with me for the ambulance. They all kept saying, "You're doing such a good job" or "You're doing great!" And all I could think was I'm not doing a good job, I'm not doing great--I just drove my car off the goddamn highway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home