Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Want A Book Deal

This is the blog I should have started nearly 6 years ago when I moved from Kansas to New York. Instead of writing a blog, however, I wrote in journals, in word documents, and in emails. I wrote and wrote and wrote until I wrote a book. If I had written everything in blog-form I might have had a book deal by now, but, since I didn't, I don't.

So, I'm going to share some chapters of my book here.

"You're Not In Kansas Anymore: How Drinking, Dancing, and Debauchery Turned me into a New Yorker," is a memoir comprised of 27 short stories. Ranging from 3 to 25 pages, each story furthers my quest to find my ideal job, my ideal guy, and ultimately, myself. While many of the self-contained pieces share how I flounder through post-collegiate confusion, the consequences (or lack thereof) of casual sex, and how I spend far too much time drinking, each story builds upon each other, charting my evolution from Kansas transplant to New Yorker. The fun and engaging pieces highlight the craziness of New York, but are relatable to anyone who doesn't know who they are, what they're searching for, or where, exactly, they will end up when they click their heels hoping to find their way "home."

Everything I've written is 100% true, real, honest, etc--the only thing I've changed are names.

In addition to chapters from the book, I'm also going to post some random musings, antecdotes, and general nonsense.

So, enjoy, and feel free to contact me at jensimon523@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home